Let’s get down to brass tacks – building, renovating, or expanding your home is nothing short of one of the most important long-term decisions you can make. A crucial (and often drawn-out) factor, therefore, is who to go through when enlisting a crew to make your design concept a reality.
That begs the question – small builders vs big builders, which one is the more viable option for you? Here are some key points to consider when thinking about which route you’d like to go down for your building project.
Speaking from first-hand experience, we know how fantastic small building companies can be in not just achieving your desired build, but fostering a genuinely enjoyable experience for you from the initial consultation right through to the end product.
The pros of going through a company like us are:
- Having fewer points of contact: Liaising with the same handful of people throughout the entire building process reduces the risk of miscommunication and enhances the ability to be truly taken care of,
- Offering more flexibility: Design choices and specifications may be available in a greater abundance, giving you more creative freedom and the chance to fine-tune elements to tailor your home specifically to you, and
- Adaptability: Smaller builders are often more willing to work on a variety of sites, including those that may pose a greater challenge in some way.
We understand that a small builder might not suit everyone, and that’s completely fine – what works for one might not work for another! There are many pros of going through a big building company instead, some of which are:
- Variety of designs: Typically, more established companies will be able to offer their clients a more comprehensive range of display home designs to select or take inspiration from, and
- Competitive prices: Their buying power and experience in building the designs they’ve created means that they’ll usually be more competitively priced.
In the long run, what matters most when deciding who to call upon for their expertise is finding someone who you can trust to carry out the process efficiently and transparently – minimising unnecessary costs and avoiding mistakes where they’re able to.
Another primary factor to consider is what you want to get out of the process. Are you looking for a smooth experience, where your wants and needs are sure to be heard, or is the most important element keeping within a certain budget? Maybe you’ve got a creative heart and are looking to forge a highly customised build, or perhaps it takes a weight off your shoulders knowing that your builder is confident in constructing one of their own tried-and-true designs.
Weighing up what’s going to accommodate who you are and what you’re looking for in your dream home will give you guidance on your decision, and oftentimes reaching out to several companies is the most helpful thing in being able to establish what everyone’s varying approaches look like.
If you’ve got a vision for your future home but aren’t sure who to go through to bring it to life, get in contact with our team at Chross Homes & Developments to start the conversation today!